EXCLUSIVE GUIDE FOR RENTING A NEUROPTIMAL® FOR HOME
Neurofeedback Training Co. has provided NeurOptimal home system rentals in USA since 2011. When renting the professional-grade neurofeedback system a session can be as low as $40 or $30 per day. This exclusive guide explains what is included, how it works and why renting is the top choice for families.
Ready to rent? We have home rental systems available ready to ship! Reserve a unit here.
Why Rent a NeurOptimal Home System?
Top reasons why choosing the NeurOptimal system over other neurofeedback technology
- Professional-grade and fully automated system: No diagnosis, no expensive brain mapping or trainer expert needed as the expertise is built-in. This advanced neurofeedback training does not push or force the brain - it simply offers information. The brain does the rest, naturally. View this comparison of neurofeedback therapy systems to see if NeurOptimal is the best choice for you.
- Non-invasive neurofeedback technology. NeurOptimal® is FDA Approved as a wellness device. It is safe for any brain to use. Watch our video explaining how it works:
- Save in neurofeedback cost. Renting a unit is the most affordable neurofeedback training option especially for families or partners who want to train together. Pay as low as $60 per session (or $30 per day) depending on your monthly plan. As the largest NeurOptimal home rental provider we offer the best pricing of NeurOptimal rentals in USA and Canada. Found a lower price elsewhere? We're happy to match any price! View the cost of renting a NeurOptimal system here.
Why Rent From Neurofeedback Training Co.?
Five reasons why renting a NeurOptimal home system from us is the best neurofeedback training option:
- The rental includes everything you need to do effective neurofeedback sessions at home -- including paste. All rentals come with the latest software NeurOptimal 3.0 and an exclusive Step-by-step Setup Guide just for Neurofeedback Training Co. renters. Our experienced team of neurofeedback trainers and rental managers will also be available to guide you along the rental month if further help is needed. Watch this 3 minute set-up video: What's included in your Neurofeedback Training Rental?
- Pay as you go! Keep the rental as long as you wish. Unused sessions rollover to the next rental period and the plan can be upgraded or downgraded after the first month. Two week rental period is also available after the first month's rental. We recommend two months or more for best results but the minimum rental period is one month. Watch this Q&A Video: How many sessions do I need?
- Convenient. We ship throughout US & Canada at a flat-rate (includes shipping insurance and return label). If located in NYC, Los Angeles or Denver, pick up the unit for free. We also offer free courier service for New York City residents during the coronavirus pandemic. View our new company policy; COVID-19 Update And Practices.
- Renters Guarantee. You'll be assigned an experienced neurofeedback trainer coach to help if further guidance is needed. We also provide remote tech support if you have trouble with the equipment. If tech support cannot help, we put the rental on hold and ship out a new one.
Neurofeedback Q&A Videos
Watch videos below to learn how to set up a session at home, what to do during a session and how many sessions one should do
How to Start a NeurOptimal Session at Home
Natalie Baker, owner of Neurofeedback Training Co. and advanced NeurOptimal® Neurofeedback Trainer show how easy it is to start a session at home.
What Can I do during a NeurOptimal Session?
A NeurOptimal® session is a relaxing experience and effortless. The brain does all the work. Since the NeurOptimal neurofeedback system is an automated brain training system no conscious effort is required on your part. A session is 33 minutes long and one can do anything during a session that does not require a lot of movement of the body or head. You can close your eyes, read, look at your phone or if feeling tired one can even sleep. The success of the training comes from the communication between the software and your brain.
Have a quick question about NeurOptimal or the rental process? Chat with an experienced neurofeedback trainer.
Use the Chat Widget in lower right corner or call or text California Neurofeedback Trainer and Rental Manager Sara at 323-686-2717 (9 am - 4 pm PST).
SUCCESS RATES OF NEUROFEEDBACK – READ RENTER'S REVIEWS
Latest NeurOptimal Reviews
Neurofeedback is a great way to improve performance and stay focused. Unit arrived on time and the team at Neurofeedback Training Co. team made it easy to rent a unit and get started.
– Adam, CA. Read Google review
Amazing experience! I felt more grounded, confident and my clarity greatly improved. The team was wonderful and the machine is very easy to use at home. I highly recommend Neurofeedback Training Co. and the NeurOptimal system.
– Wendy, Washington State. Google Review
My husband and I used the system together, and he reported substantial improvements in many areas, as well. It was amazing to experience the changes over time in how we related to each other more positively, patiently, and with more kindness. If you're in a partnership, I would highly recommend training together.
Eileen, Portland, OR. Yelp review
I was looking for neurofeedback near me and learned that I could rent a system for home which was more convenient for the whole family. I was a bit concerned setting it up at home but whomever made the instructions, did an incredible job. They are very helpful. I trained together with my teenage daughter and after only using the machine for a week I noticed a change in her behavior. She seemed more focused and organized with school-work. After renting it for 3 months we see a change in mood; she's more engaging in conversations, more cheerful and at ease . Personally I noticed that whenever I did a session I would wake up in the morning ready to go rather than feeling sluggish and procrastinate tasks. I highly recommend the rental and appreciate all the support from the Neurofeedback Training Co. team.
- Cathryn, New York, NY
Q&A: GOOD TO KNOW ABOUT YOUR RENTAL
How long can I rent it for?
The initial rental period is one month (30 days) and starts the day after you pick up or receive the system. It is due back (or to be shipped back) the day of your due date. The minimum rental period is one month but one can extend the rental for 2 weeks (14 days) or an additional month. Please note: payment for the second period is not due until the first day of the second cycle. We recommend renting for 2-3 months for best results. View Pricing >
What’s the cost of shipping? Is it included?
Shipping costs are not included and billed separately. We offer insured shipment anywhere in US** for a $75 flat-fee which includes return shipment with FedEx. It takes 2-4 business days depending on your location. Shipment to Canada is $100 flat-rate one way and takes 5-6 business days.
NYC residents: free courier service available. Free pick-up and drop-off (via locked box) available only in Denver, Colorado and Northeast Los Angeles. We also offer a $50 flat-rate to Portland, Oregon and Seattle, Washington State (includes return shipment and insurance).
Please note: If having the package shipped to you, signature is required. We can also ship it to your nearest FedEx location.
*Canada & Europe renters: Due to the high shipment cost to Canada and other countries outside of U.S. (UK, Ireland, France, etc. ) we ask our renters to commit to two months of rental. The cost of one-way shipment to Canada can be around $120 - $180. Fill out the form above or use our Chat Widget in lower right corner to inquire. When returning the shipment from Canada or any other foreign country, please note that the return shipment is the renter's responsibility. Please use a tracking shipment company and add “$1000 added value” to cover any shipping damages.
** Alaska and Hawaii residents: due to the shipment expense to states such as Alaska and Hawaii we ask clients to commit to two months of training.
View our shipping policy here.
Do we accept insurance?
No. We do not accept insurance. We accept credit cards, cash and checks. We can however provide an invoice to submit to insurance.
Do you accept HSA cards as payment for the service?
Some HSA programs require a note from a healthcare provider stating they recommend neurofeedback or EEG biofeedback in order to accept it. We're happy to give a receipt to submit to your healthcare provider.
How long does it take to get the home system rental?
First come, first serve! If your online reservation and contract has been submitted and there is no wait, it takes about 1-3 business days for shipment depending where in USA you are located. It takes about 5-6 business days to Canada, 2-4 business days to Hawaii and Alaska, and 1business days for local shipment. If there is a wait, an online reservation and signed contract will get you on the waitlist. Once the equipment has been shipped you will receive automated emails from FedEx.
Please note: We're a small team, if making the reservation and filling out the contract after business hours, on a weekend or holiday, or after business hours your inquiry will be processed the following business day.
When is payment due?
First month's payment is due 24h prior pick up/shipment. We won't charge you until you have filled out the online reservation and contract and have confirmed you are ready to rent. Pay as you go and extend as long as you wish. You only pay for the first month's rental to start with. If extending the rental, the next payment is due on the first day for the next rental cycle.
What is the minimum and maximum amount of time for which I can rent the NeurOptimal® Neurofeedback Trainer?
Minimum time to rent the neurofeedback equipment is one month*. However, the best results is by renting for 2-4 months. Read about the best uses of neurofeedback home system. After the first month's rental, one can choose to extend for another month or two weeks. *Please note: There is a 2 months minimum rental for renters in Canada and residents in Hawaii and Alaska due to increased shipping & expenses. Payment is a month at a time.
How many sessions should I run per week?
We usually recommend three sessions per week per trainee, though you can train every day if you so wish as this neurofeedback training is non-invasive. The minimum we recommend is twice per week when renting because through the training you are learning a new way of decision making and, like learning a new language, the more frequently the brain practices, the faster we learn.
Why is 2-3 month's rental recommended?
After nine years of renting, best training results occur when people train consistently for 2 - 4 months. If you rent for 2 months, that would look like 3 sessions per week, for a total of 20-40 sessions. Read our training tips How to Get Best Results in Neurofeedback Training
If I do 30 sessions in 30 days will that have the same effect as 30 sessions over 3 months?
No. While your brain will learn a lot about itself if you train every day for a month the value of spreading those trainings over 3 months is that it gives you time to shift your behavior and thought patterns time to adapt.
Why do we recommend that a parent also train if they are renting a machine primarily for their child’s issues?
We, hands down, hear the most glowing reports from families where multiple family members are training. Particularly when a parent is training as well. A calm, focused and de-stressed parent is a huge support for the child. Well being is contagious! And everyone can benefit from calm and focused energy whether it be for school performance, interpersonal communication or general stress support.
Are the systems software up-to-date? Do I need to get my own paste?
All our rental plans include the latest software, NeurOptimal 3.0. You'll receive all materials required to train (including paste), access to online tech support for troubleshooting the equipment and regular check-ins with staff neurofeedback trainer via text, email or phone. We do not provide headphones but any headphones can be used except wireless ones or alternatively, use the built-in speakers from the tablet.
Please note: Access to the internet is required to allow the software to do automatic updates to function properly. If you do not have internet access, let us know prior renting.
What if one cannot perform all included sessions in one month?
The monthly fee is regardless of how many sessions one completes. If you don't finish all sessions the first month, you can always extend an additional month or two weeks to finish all your sessions. You can also downgrade or upgrade to another plan if needed. If renting any of the lower cost plans; Personal or Family Plan, and didn't finish all the sessions, please know that they do rollover to the next rental period. See here for pricing.
What do I do if I have trouble with my equipment?
It's important that you read the printed Guidelines that came with the equipment and follow our instructions on how to handle the equipment. A reboot of the system usually always helps and make sure all cords are plugged in. If that doesn't help, email your rental manager immediately (or use Chat Widget in lower right corner) with your name, a description of the problem and include the best way/time to reach you. We may then instruct you to connect with Tech Support (ZenConnect) from your device to allow technicians do the troubleshooting. We'll put your rental on hold for up to 24h to allow time to troubleshoot. Contact us here.
What are the different types of Neurofeedback? Why do I not need a brain mapping scan or EEG map when using NeurOptimal?
NeurOptimal® is considered to be a dynamical, non-linear neurofeedback system rather than protocol-based or linear neurofeedback systems. There is no brain mapping nor neurofeedback expert needed. No diagnose is needed; no long questionnaires and no expensive brain mapping or QEEGs. Learn the difference.
3 Top Facts About NeurOptimal Vs. Other Systems
- The focus with NeurOptimal is on optimizing brain functioning by improving the central nervous system’s flexibility, resilience and stability. It is important to understand that training with NeurOptimal is not treatment. It’s training your central nervous system to work more efficiently and effectively. "Problems" and "issues" then naturally melt away. Other systems focus is on treatment.
- NeurOptimal® provides moment to moment feedback on the brain’s activity. The brain makes adjustments using real time feedback across a wide spectrum of frequencies meant to increase overall mental fitness. There is no separate assessment needed. Other systems: Weekly or monthly feedback from the patient is used to evaluate and control the training regimen. This is time consuming and costly, often doubling session time at no additional benefit.
- NeurOptimal® does not push the brain- it simply offers information. The brain does the rest, naturally.
Other systems: Pushes the brain to do more or less of something as decided by the practitioner.
Good to know before renting: Tips from Denver neurofeedback trainer and rental manager coach Kate