Exclusive Guide for Renting a NeurOptimal Trainer
Neurofeedback Training Co. has provided NeurOptimal home system rentals in USA since 2011. This exclusive guide explains what's included in the neurofeedback home kit, how it works and the cost of the monthly packages.
We provide three different monthly plans (upgrade & downgrade as you go along):
- Unlimited Trainer Plan (unlimited sessions): *$900/month
- Family Trainer Plan (includes 22 sessions): *$800/month
- Personal Trainer Plan (includes 12 sessions): *$600/month
*Plus Sales Tax if located in California, New York or Colorado. Shipping cost is not included. See below for more information.
Ready to rent? Or would like to speak to a Neurofeedback Trainer about your options? Fill out the form below:
5 Reasons Why Renting a NeurOptimal® Trainer is the Top Choice in Neurofeedback Training
- Save in cost. Renting a unit is the most affordable training option. Cost per session can be as low as $40 (or $30 per day) depending on your monthly plan. Found a lower price elsewhere? We're happy to match any price!
- Includes everything you need to train at home -- including paste. All systems have the latest software NeurOptimal 3 and an exclusive step-by-step guide is included.
- Pay as you go! Keep the rental as long as you wish. Unused sessions rollover to the next rental period and plan can be upgraded or downgraded after the first month as well. We recommend two months or more for best results but the minimum rental period is one month.
- Convenient. We ship the unit directly to your home! Shipping cost is only $75 within US which also includes return shipment and insurance. When finished with your rental, pack up and drop off at your nearest FedEx office. (Shipment to Canada is $100 one way and minimum rental is 2 months). Local shipment costs $40 flat-rate (including return) and is available for residents in NYC, Los Angeles, Portland and Seattle. Pick up your system for free available only in NYC or Denver, Colorado.
- Renters Guarantee. You'll be assigned a neurofeedback trainer to help if you need further guidance with the set-up. We also provide remote tech support if you have trouble with the equipment. If tech support cannot help, we'll ship out a new one.
Limited Home Systems Available. First Come, First Serve!
If there is no wait, get a system in 1- 3 business days. Fill out the form at top to make your reservation and get on our waitlist!
Effective brain training and Easy To Use Neurofeedback Equipment For Home
NeurOptimal® is FDA Approved as a wellness device. It's completely non-invasive brain training tool and 100% natural. Since the NeurOptimal neurofeedback system is a fully automated neurofeedback technology it is also very easy to use. At Neurofeedback Training Co., all our rentals include everything you need to train at home; a microsoft tablet with the latest software update (NeurOptimal 3.0), 1 jar of conductive paste and an instruction packet with step-by-step instructions. A rental manager will also be assigned to you to to guide you during the rental period if you were to need extra help.
How to Set Up Your Neurofeedback Training System at Home
Watch the video below to learn how to unpack your equipment. One can also schedule a session at any of our locations in US (NYC, Los Angeles, Denver or Boulder) and we can show you how to use it. An in-person demo session costs the same as a regular session and also include a NeurOptimal session, fill out the form above to inquire.
Q&A: GOOD TO KNOW ABOUT YOUR RENTAL
How long can I rent it for?
The initial rental period is one month (30 days) and starts the day after you pick up or receive the system. It is due back (or to be shipped back) the day after your due date. The minimum rental period is one month but one can extend the rental for 2 weeks (14 days) or an additional month. Please note: payment for the second period is not due until the first day of the second cycle. We recommend renting for 2-3 months for best results. View Pricing >
What’s the cost of shipping? Is it included?
Shipping costs are not included and billed separately. We offer insured shipment anywhere in US** for a $75 flat-fee which includes return shipment and takes 2-4 business days depending on your location. Shipment to Canada is $100 flat-rate one way and takes 5-6 business days. Free pick-up (or by Courier for $35) is available at our location in NYC or in Denver, Colorado. Local shipment available at a flat-rate shipping cost of $40 for residents in Los Angeles Metro Area, and $50 flat-rate to Portland, Oregon and Seattle, Washington State (includes return shipment and insurance).
Please note: If having the package shipped to you, signature is required. We can also ship it to your near by FedEx location.
*Canada & Europe renters: Due to the high shipment cost to Canada and other countries outside of U.S. (UK, Ireland, France, etc. ) we ask our renters to commit to two months of rental. The cost of one-way shipment to Canada can be around $120 - $180. Fill out the form above or use our Chat Widget in lower right corner to inquire. When returning the shipment from Canada or any other foreign country, please note that the return shipment is the renter's responsibility. Please use a tracking shipment company and add “$1000 added value” to cover any shipping damages.
** Alaska and Hawaii residents: due to the shipment expense to states such as Alaska and Hawaii we ask clients to commit to two months of training.
Do we accept insurance?
No. We do not accept insurance. We accept credit cards, cash and checks. We can however provide an invoice to submit to insurance.
Do you accept HSA cards as payment for the service?
Some HSA programs require a note from a healthcare provider stating they recommend neurofeedback or EEG biofeedback in order to accept it. We're happy to give a receipt to submit to your healthcare provider.
How long does it take to get the home system rental?
First come, first serve! If your online reservation and contract has been submitted and there is no wait, it takes about 1-4 business days for shipment depending where in USA you are located. It takes about 5-6 business days to Canada, 2-4 business days to Hawaii and Alaska, and 1-2 business days for local shipment. If there is a wait, an online reservation and signed contract will get you on the waitlist. Once the equipment has been shipped you will receive automated emails from FedEx. Please note; signature is required. We can also ship it to the nearest FedEx office.
Please note: We're a small team, if making the reservation and filling out the contract after business hours, on a weekend or holiday, or after business hours your inquiry will be processed the following business day.
View Neurofeedback Cost & Start Renting >
When is payment due?
First month's payment is due 24h prior pick up/shipment. We won't charge you until you have filled out the online reservation and contract and have confirmed you are ready to rent. Pay as you go and extend as long as you wish. You only pay for the first month's rental to start with. If extending the rental, the next payment is due on the first day for the next rental cycle.
What is the minimum and maximum amount of time for which I can rent the NeurOptimal® Neurofeedback Trainer?
Minimum time to rent the neurofeedback equipment is one month*. However, the best results is by renting for 2-4 months. Read about the best uses of neurofeedback home system. After the first month's rental, one can choose to extend for another month or two weeks. *Please note: There is a 2 months minimum rental for renters in Canada and residents in Hawaii and Alaska due to increased shipping & expenses. Payment is a month at a time.
How many sessions should I run per week?
We usually recommend three sessions per week per trainee, though you can train every day if you so wish as this neurofeedback training is non-invasive. The minimum we recommend is twice week when renting because through the training you are learning a new way of decision making and, like learning a new language, the more frequently the brain practices, the faster we learn.
Why is 2-3 month's rental recommended?
After nine years of renting, best training results occur when people train consistently for 2 - 4 months. If you rent for 2 months, that would look like 3 sessions per week, for a total of 20-40 sessions. Read our training tips How to Get Best Results in Neurofeedback Training
If I do 30 sessions in 30 days will that have the same effect as 30 sessions over 3 months?
No. While your brain will learn a lot about itself if you train every day for a month the value of spreading those trainings over 3 months is that it gives you time to shift your behavior and thought patterns time to adapt.
Why do we recommend that a parent also train if they are renting a machine primarily for their child’s issues?
We, hands down, hear the most glowing reports from families where multiple family members are training. Particularly when a parent is training as well. A calm, focused and de-stressed parent is a huge support for the child. Well being is contagious! And everyone can benefit from calm and focused energy whether it be for school performance, interpersonal communication or general stress support.
Are the systems software up-to-date? Do I need to get my own paste?
All our rental plans include the latest software, NeurOptimal 3.0. You'll receive all materials required to train (including paste), access to online tech support for troubleshooting the equipment and regular check-ins with staff neurofeedback trainer via text, email or phone. We do not provide headphones but any headphones can be used except wireless ones or alternatively, use the built-in speakers from the tablet.
Please Note: Access to the internet is required to allow the software to do automatic updates to function properly. If you do not have internet access, let us know prior renting.
What if one cannot perform all included sessions in one month?
The monthly fee is regardless of how many sessions one completes. If you don't finish all sessions the first month, you can always extend an additional month or two weeks to finish all your sessions. You can also downgrade or upgrade to another plan if needed. If renting any of the lower cost plans; Personal or Family Plan, and didn't finish all the sessions, please know that they do rollover to the next rental period. See here for pricing.
What do I do if I have trouble with my equipment?
It's important that you read the printed Guidelines that came with the equipment and follow our instructions on how to handle the equipment. A reboot of the system usually always helps and make sure all cords are plugged in. If that doesn't help, email your rental manager immediately (or use Chat Widget in lower right corner) with your name, a description of the problem and include the best way/time to reach you. We may then instruct you to connect with Tech Support (ZenConnect) from your device to allow technicians do the troubleshooting. We'll put your rental on hold for 24h to allow time to troubleshoot. Contact us here.
What are the different types of Neurofeedback? Why do I not need a brain mapping scan or EEG map when using NeurOptimal?
NeurOptimal® is considered to be a dynamical, non-linear neurofeedback system rather than protocol-based or linear neurofeedback systems. There is no brain mapping nor neurofeedback expert needed. No diagnose is needed; no long questionnaires and no expensive brain mapping or QEEGs.
3 Top Facts About NeurOptimal Vs. Other Systems
- The focus with NeurOptimal is on optimizing brain functioning by improving the central nervous system’s flexibility, resilience and stability. It is important to understand that training with NeurOptimal is not treatment. It’s training your central nervous system to work more efficiently and effectively. "Problems" and "issues" then naturally melt away. Other systems focus is on treatment.
- NeurOptimal® provides moment to moment feedback on the brain’s activity. The brain makes adjustments using real time feedback across a wide spectrum of frequencies meant to increase overall mental fitness. There is no separate assessment needed. Other systems: Weekly or monthly feedback from the patient is used to evaluate and control the training regimen. This is time consuming and costly, often doubling session time at no additional benefit.
- NeurOptimal® does not push the brain- it simply offers information. The brain does the rest, naturally.
Other systems: Pushes the brain to do more or less of something as decided by the practitioner.
- How does NeurOptimal work and what happens in a session?
- Watch videos on how to set up the sensors & software at home
- Good to know before renting: Tips from Denver neurofeedback trainer and rental manager Kate