PASADENA NEUROFEEDBACK TRAINING CO.
Neurofeedback Training Co. Los Angeles Pasadena office is located on 28 N. Oak Ave., near Pasadena City College. The cross street is Colorado Blvd.
Looking for neurofeedback in California? Pasadena Neurofeedback Training Co. provides NeurOptimal sessions at 28 N. Oak Ave.. Neurofeedback home machine rentals also available.
Latest Los Angeles Neurofeedback Review:
See below for neurofeedback cost and plans, and how to book at appointment.
Table of Contents
Scroll down or click on the links below:
A NeurOptimal neurofeedback session range from $40 to $135 depending on if it is an in-office session in Pasadena or a home rental.
Neurofeedback Training Options
- Schedule a Session (cost: $135, initial session: $105)
- Rent a Neurofeedback at Home Kit (Monthly cost: $600 - $900)
- Buy a Neurofeedback Machine (NeurOptimal System is also for sale and cost $7000 and up).
NeurOptimal Sessions in LA:
Often client's come in for a session first to see if they like the training before renting or purchasing.
- Cost per Session: $135*. Discounts available: First session is $105. *Cash, Venmo or check preferred. If paying with credit card there will be a 3% processing fee.
- Neurofeedback Session Package: Buy 3 sessions and pay only $105 per session.
- Try a session before renting. Learn how to set up a session in person, a hands-on training session costs $105 for 50 minutes and also includes a NeurOptimal session.
Fill out the form below to make an appointment, inquire about rentals or schedule a 15 min. free phone consultation.
Address: 28 N. Oak Ave. Suite 204, Pasadena, CA 91107
(Please note the office entrance is behind the main building, enter from the parking lot off of N. Oak Ave. Go to the second floor, end of the hallway. Office is also a therapy practice with a waiting room.)Directions & Parking: Parking is available in the back of the building or along North Oak Avenue. Office entrance is behind the building, entrance is from the parking lot, next to the mailboxes. Walk up two flights of stairs, office is located at the end of the hallway. There is no sign on office door.
YOUR LOS ANGELES NEUROFEEDBACK TRAINER
Sessions in Pasadena are with certified NeurOptimal Trainer Sara St. John. She became a Trainer in 2015 after seeing results from the sessions over eight years ago.
Sara is also the rental manager in the West-coast Region (California, Oregon, Washington State, Alaska, Hawaii) as well as British Columbia in Canada.
BEFORE BOOKING AN APPOINTMENT
- An in-office session lasts a total of 50 minutes while the neurofeedback program itself is always 33 minutes long. Watch this video on what happens in a session.
- Sessions are by appointment only. The office space is shared with other therapists, therefore availability varies. Days currently available are: Monday & Friday mornings and Saturday mornings-early afternoon. Fill out the form to book and inquire!
- Rentals available. We have limited systems available. Please make sure to reserve your rental one week prior if picking up the equipment at your scheduled session. Scroll down to learn more about neurofeedback at home. If ready to rent, fill out the form to the right or click here to reserve.
HOW TO PREPARE FOR YOUR FIRST SESSION
- Please print and fill out these forms and bring with you to your first session:
- Fill out a Consent Form here (electronically)
- Click here to download a Checklist of Concern Form (Rate the items listed from 1-10). This neurofeedback system does not use any protocols. Filling out a Checklist of Concern is he best way to keep track of your progress. It is not necessary to share the Checklist with your trainer. If continuing the training, it's recommended to fill out every 8 sessions to compare.
- Expect to do at least 8-10 sessions to notice progress. Every brain is different! Read our reviews here
- Please be respectful of time – If you need to cancel your appointment please do so 24h prior the appointment. If you come late, please text/email -- your session can still happen but your program time will be reduced.
Los Angeles Reviews
Neuro-feedback has helped me immensely. I did a lot of research and made a lot of phone calls before finding NeuroOptimal and that I could rent a system. It has helped me be more focused and calm when in stress.
– Sheila, Los Angeles
I must say, I was skeptical at first. Having a background in psychology, I was wary of Neurofeedback. Well, at least 15 sessions later, I am sold! I find my concentration levels improving, ability to understand and retain information while studying has increased, and I have more natural and restful sleep cycles---all adding up to a more relaxed feeling throughout my day.
– Jenny, Los Angeles
More Success Stories
Cost of renting a neurofeedback machine per month range from $600 to $900. The breakdown cost per session is then as low as $40 to $60, depending on what monthly plan you choose.
Minimum rental period is one month and can be extended again for another month – as long as you wish. Our clients report best results after 2-3 months of training when renting a home unit. View rental cost and packages here.
Why A Neurofeedback Home Kit Rental is The Best Value
By renting an advanced NeurOptimal neurofeedback system you will:
- Save in overall neurofeedback cost (session can be as low as $40 or more depending on what plan)
- Same professional training as in-office visits or a neurofeedback center providing NeurOptimal sessions. Shipped directly to your home for a small fee. Or schedule a session and a training session at $95 when picking up your rental in Pasadena.
- No appointments to make. Train together with friends and your entire family! If a child is training, we see best results if also the parents train.
- Easy to use. The NeurOptimal system is fully automated - no protocols needed. It was designed to be used outside a medical facility. The rental home kit includes everything you need in order to train at home. It includes a Microsoft Surface Tablet with the latest NeurOptimal 3.0 software, a protective tablet hard case, amplifier with 5 sensors, conductive paste and a printed step-by-step guide on how to set up a session. *or schedule a hands-on training session for $95 in Pasadena.
- Get Personal Check-ins with a Neurofeedback Coach. If having trouble using the equipment or have questions along the way you'll be assigned a neurofeedback trainer coach and have a direct number to call or text.
- We offer price matching on any rentals! Neurofeedback Training Co.. is the largest home system rental business in U.S. and we have been renting out systems since 2011.
Reviews from Renters
I rented a Neurofeedback machine for 3 months and have been very pleased with the results. I feel calmer and more focused. I am very grateful to have had the opportunity. Sara and Kate were wonderful and responsive. Thank you very much.
– Morgan, San Diego
I was introduced to neurofeedback through the seminal book, The Body Keeps the Score, by Bessel van der Kolk. Thereafter, I did a lot of research and was thrilled to find the convenient option to rent a NeurOptimal system from Sara to use at-home. Bonus - Neurofeedback Training's rental option saved me hundreds of dollars vs. a different provider's on-site clinic fees in my city (I'm not in CA). I trained regularly for 2.5 months (over 50 sessions) and am 100% satisfied with my investment.
– E. in Portland, Oregon
I rented the home system, and I did a session every day for about 3mo. And I noticed PROFOUND changes: changes in behavior, thinking, and habits that I had been working on for years unsuccessfully.
Andrew, Los Angeles, CA (read full review on Yelp!)
All you need to know about brain training with the NeurOptimal dynamical neurofeedback system
What Is Neurofeedback?
Neurofeedback is a form of brain training uses EEG sensors to measure brainwave activity. Feedback is given to the individual when the brainwaves change to allow resetting mental and emotional patterns. Watch our video >
What Neurofeedback Technology Do We Use?
The system we use for sessions and rentals is called NeurOptimal. This second generation neurofeedback technology is fully automated and does not require any protocols (brain mapping, EEG Scan). Instead, it is the only dynamic neurofeedback that allows the individual’s brain to be the expert deciding how to use the information rather than an expert trainer setting protocols to force change. Thus allowing change to happen organically and minimizing unwanted effects.
How Does Neurofeedback Work?
Neurofeedback therapy focuses on unconscious learning in order to promote self-regulation. During neurofeedback, the brain is learning about its habitual electrical activity. Electrical activity is one of the two ways the brain communicates internally; the second language is chemical activity.
Neural pathways are connected via electrical impulses going down through the neurons (like stomping down the path),and chemicals allow the message to continue from one neuron to the next. Negative habitual patterns--such as waking up too early, not being able to focus on the task at hand and worrying--are reflected in our electrical brainwave activities. Unfortunately, the brain builds these negative pathways automatically, even though they are not helpful. In fact, they are signs of disregulation. Through the neurofeedback program we learn how to find better patterns.
When you decide to try neurofeedback brain training, you are addressing these old brain habits of well-worn stress responses. The training helps you learn how to be responsive to your current needs and goals, rather than react with old habits that have been stomped in the snow.
Is Neurofeedback Effective?
With neurofeedback sessions the individual learns to reset those negative patterns, allowing them to better manage sleep, emotional regulation and improve cognitive fitness such as focus and concentration.
The immediate benefits from neurofeedback sessions, typically noticed after one to three sessions include feeling calmer, more focused and for many, getting better sleep. More benefits >
How long does neurofeedback take to work?
When coming in for a session or if renting a home system. We recommend everyone who is training to fill out the checklist so that they can observe the areas where they want to improve.
We ask all clients, regardless of whether they are renting or training in-office, to fill this checklist out every 8-10 sessions.
This checklist is key because it gives a numerical value to your goals and allows you to track your changes over time. Seeing the numbers change is a sign of progress! During the first 8-10 sessions, numbers typically drop by 3. For example, if "Difficulty concentrating" or "Often worry" starts at a value of 9, it is often reported to be a 6 after 10 sessions.
These reporting tools also improve self-awareness. One of our goals as neurofeedback coaches is to help clients notice how they are feeling. Noticing subtle changes helps you get ahead of your feelings, and maintain a sense of focus and calm. Self-awareness is the first step to success, because it key to identifying which tools will help re-regulate the mind, whether it is a neurofeedback session, going to be early, or getting to the gym.
How Many Neurofeedback Sessions Do I Need?
Is Neurofeedback Covered by Insurance?
Individual health insurance companies determine what is covered and it varies policy to policy. Reach out to your insurance to inquire. The cost of renting a home neurofeedback device is approximately the same price as many co-pays, approximately $40/session. At this moment we don't take insurance for in-office sessions in Pasadena or for the home system rentals.
Is Neurofeedback Safe? Is NeurOptimal FDA Approved?
Yes. It is safe. The FDA has approved it as a General Wellness Device, which means it is safe for consumers to use without the oversight of a healthcare provider. The NeurOptimal neurofeedback system is not harmful and is 100% non-invasive. Nothing is added to your system.
What are the side effects of neurofeedback?
The NeurOptimal system has a non-invasive design. It does not force changes in brainwave patterns but rather works by giving the brain the millisecond-by-millisecond feedback about its maladaptive patterns so the individual brain can utilize the information to improve its own functioning.
An analog for the feedback process is seeing your reflection in a mirror. If you see your head is tilted you'll most likely automatically straighten it. NeurOptimal alerts the brain that it is doing something and each brain will decide how to use the information it is presented with, in order to optimize its own functioning.
The most common effect after a neurofeedback session is that clients report feeling calmer and relaxed. When clients have poor sleep hygiene and are exhausted they will often report feeling tired at the end of the session. This shift is a result of increased awareness and the client shifting out of a stress response. We coach these clients to pay attention to this shift as a communication of the need for more sleep.